A COVID-19 Content Audit
A COVID-19 Content Audit… Never heard of it? It’s new and important. Here’s why:
So. This COVID-19 thing… It sucks, doesn’t it? Aside from the obvious and tragic toll COVID is taking on the health of our communities, it’s majorly disrupting “business as usual.” We’re all at home. On the internet. On our phones. Trying to figure out what to do next.
Even with juggling kids and working from home and carving out some fun, it’s a safe bet that you have a “little” more time on your hands, now that we’re being advised to stay inside allll the time.
It’s an even safer bet that you’re using technology more than usual, turning to screens for everything from entertainment to information, to say nothing of it being your lifeline to work, friends, and family. Consider:
- Broadband usage in Australia increased by 70-80% between February and March
- Worldwide streaming spiked by 20% in March alone, with hot spots like Austria and Spain seeing increases of 40% or more
- Engagement on platforms like TikTok is up by 27% on average
- Businesses are collecting more accumulated likes, such as the 76% jump on Instagram witnessed by Obviously
- 44% of people worldwide are spending more time on social media, 45% more on messaging services, and 12% more listening to podcasts
- Overall, social media is seeing 61% more engagement during the COVID-19 crisis compared to normal usage rates
What do those things have to do with each other and your business?
It’s the perfect opportunity to use that extra time to invest in your online presence and your content strategy, because people are consuming and engaging a lot more than usual.
And you can get started in ten minutes or less.
COVID-19 Content Audit: Time to Take Ten
How well does your content tell your story? Does it truly represent you, your products, your services, and your process?
And most importantly, does it help convert prospects to customers?
If you’re not sure, it’s time to take ten and conduct a quick COVID content audit:
That’s it. Quick and painless. Answer truthfully, and you’ll have a good idea of how you’re doing with your content under COVID (and any time, really).
Some will be easier than others – adding some fresh content will be faster than adjusting the overall energy and language, for example – but now’s the time to invest in your digital presence and think strategically about your content.
Because as the saying goes, content is king, and during a global pandemic keeping us all inside and at home, all eyes are on the king.
Make sure they see what you want them to see.